Aroma Secrets is a brand that I would buy for a lifetime! Yes, you read that right. I was at an exhibition some days back, and this brand caught my attention and screamed out “Buy me!” and I had to! I have always had a soft corner for cute looking things and being a graphic designer, I loved the use of typography in the label of the product…specially the text saying “Made with ❤ in India”. Isn’t this really cute?
About the product
Aroma Secrets has a wide range of products with different fragrances which I am eagerly waiting to use. They have Premium Body Wash of Litchi, Lavender, Strawberry, Kiwi, Chocolate, Blackcurrant and Peach Extracts. Lemon Scrub, Gold Scrub, Diamond Scrub, Neem and Strawberry comes in the Face Wash segment. Water Melon, Fig and Cucumber in the Facial Scrub segment.The Gel Scrubs include Kiwi, Papaya and strawberry. Lastly, they have Facial Cleanser’s too which are wax free and include Neem, Pineapple, Tumeric and Pomegranate.
What I bought
So I bought Aroma Secrets Premium Body Wash with Kiwi Extracts, Kiwi Gel Scrub and a Gold Scrub Face Wash. I must say that the body was truly highlights the meaning of “Premium”. The definition of premium is something or someone of greater or superior quality. I really feel that this body wash is magic as it keeps my body hydrated and fresh. Talking about the face wash I bought, they are just so wonderful. Being a bride-to-be, I got a Gold Scrub which is for a radiant glow and a Kiwi Scrub which exfoliates my skin along with cleansing and moisturising.
The Premium Body Wash is for ₹ 180 (250ml), Gel Scrub for ₹100 (50ml) and the Gold Scrub for ₹80 (50ml). At an exhibition, I got all these products for half the original price as they are running discounts as it is newly launched in the market.
The discount price is affordable whereas the original price is a bit high compared to the quantity they provide. No doubt, the quality is awesome.
The scent of the products I have bought are really high end. It is not too much and not too less. The best thing is that it does not cause a headache as the scent is just appropriate as required.
- Premium Body Wash with Kiwi Extracts: SLES, CAPB, CDEA, Polyquaternuim-7, Glycerine, Water, Methylisothiazolidone, Fragrance and Kiwi Extracts.
- Gold Scrub: SLES, CAPB, Acrylate Copolymer, Glycerine, Water, Triethanolamine, Liquorice Extract, DMDN Hydentoin and Fragrance.
- Kiwi Gel Scrub: Carbopol 940, Scrub Beads, Glycerine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethanolamine, Water, Fragrances, Aloe Vera and Kiwi Extract.
I did a bit of research to make clear what is used to make these beautiful products:
- SLES is an anionic detergent and surfactant found in many personal care products such as soaps, shampoos, toothpaste etc. It is an inexpensive and very effective foaming agent.
- CAPB is used as a foam booster in shampoos. It is a medium strength surfactant also used in bath products like hand soaps. It also has antiseptic properties, making it suitable for personal sanitary products.
- CDEA is a viscous liquid and is used as a foaming agent in bath products like shampoos and hand soaps, and in cosmetics as an emulsifying agent.
- Polyquaternium-7 is a clear, colourless to pale yellow liquid. In cosmetics and personal care products, it is used in a wide variety of products including shampoos, hair conditioners and other hair products, bath soaps and cleansing products.
- Methylisothiazolidone is a powerful synthetic biocide and preservative within the group of isothiazolinones, which is used in numerous personal care products.
- Acrylate Copolymer is widely used by the cosmetic industry in products such as hair dye, mascara, nail polish, lipstick, hairspray, body wash, sunscreen and anti-ageing treatment. Glycerine is a good moisturiser, it also makes your skin smooth and beautiful.
- Triethanolamine serves as a pH balancer in many different cosmetic products, ranging from cleansing creams and milks, skin lotions, eye gels, moisturizers, shampoos, shaving foams, and so on.
- Liquorice Extract an ayurvedic medicine is used in the making of serum in portions. It is a natural element has a mild smoothening and brightening action.
- DMDN Hydentoin increases the shelf-life of cosmetics by releasing formaldehyde and thus killing bacteria. This keeps cosmetics sanitary, and prevents illness due to infections.
- Carbopol 940 is an extremely efficient rheology modifier capable of providing high viscosity and forms sparkling clear water or hydroalcoholic gels and creams.
- Methylparaben is an anti fungal and preservative that is widely used in cosmetics. Because it is easily absorbed through the skin and is generally considered non-irritating.
- Propylparaben is used as a preservative for its anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties to extend the shelf life of beauty and cosmetic products. It is considered non-toxic, non-sensitising and non-irritating.
This is a brand I am SO happy about. Being a Surat based brand, the products I have used so far are close to luxury and I am sure it will be appreciated by anyone who uses it. The fragrances are amazing, but natural and not overpowering.
I rate this product 4/5 (minus 0.5 for above the budget price and 0.5 for based more on chemicals).
– Jessica Pancholi