Recently I have been reading this amazing book named “Unposted Letter” by Mahatria Ra. It is an inspirational and motivational book of short stories which contain deep and profound reflections on many topics related to life, work, situations, and attitudes.
Each page contains ideas and concepts that can change ones view on many things and make life richer and more enjoyable. It has simple and understandable lessons and principles and practical ideas that when implemented can make life more fulfilling and adverse situations easier to face. Whatever the reader is looking for – a resolution to a conflict, a personal or professional dilemma, practical advice, dealing with the loss of material possessions – they will find something that is useful and practical. Incorporating philosophy, concepts, ideas, and thoughts from various sources like the Bible and Bhagavad Gita and from great leaders and thinkers of the past and present, the book contains inspirational life lessons.
Here are 35 lines from the book that I really loved:
- Not everyone who went to sleep last night woke up this morning. The very fact that you did, some force above still thinks you are worthy of another “Today”.
- Draw a line to your past, believe yesterday was over yesterday, and press your speed button into your future.
- You are bigger than every thing you own. You are more precious then every thing you possess. You are more important then every thing that has come into your life.
- Every age and every phase of life has some sense of respect associated with it, and you need to respect that. Though the intentions may be noble, sometimes our attempt to guide people, especially unasked for, makes them feel not respected.
- Let our behaviour not be instigated by forces from outside, but be born out of an internal value-based choice.
- Only if you face the fact, something can be done about it. If you avoid the fact, it get nastier and it revisited you. At least now, face the fact. Something can still be done about it. What you avoid does not get away from you.
- Every fact that you escape from will haunt you in the future with thoughts such as, “I should have…I could have…I must have…”
- Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
- Love someone so completely that you make yourself worthy of being someone’s greatest gift.
- People feel your love not by what you are with them but by what they can be with you.
- You make history when you have a cause that inspires you to wake up every morning a little early and keeps you awake a little late and fills every minute in between with the depths of passion.
- Somewhere in your life, some resource is eitger being wasted or being inefficiently managed. Find out what it is and improve upon it. Of course, your most precious resource is yourself. Are you using yourself enough?
- In everything we make, create and produce there is an invisible ingredient, and this invisible ingredient makes the difference between the better and the best, the ordinary and the extraordinary, the good and the excellent.
- In dedication, you give of what you have and what you can. In devotion, you give yourself. Any work can become a prayer if performed with the sacredness of devotion.
- Capability is the ability to better what you are already doing. Capacity is about doing more of what you are already doing. Improve your capacity. Increase your capacity. That’s progress!
- Sometimes life will throw you into a cacoon to help tou come out with flying colours.
- Your own value is determined not by what you are, but by what you are able to make of yourself.
- If you are not happy with what you have, no matter how much more you have, you will still not be happy.
- Pampering is like boozing. It gives you a joyful evening, but nothing about you will change. Love is like meditation. It may seem like nothing is happening and yet everything about you will change.
- Stand on your today and look at your tomorrow, not at your yesterday.
- Our future is not equivalent to our past. The greatest motivation is to look forward to our tomorrow is in realisation that ‘Our best is yet to come’.
- The quality of what we give depends on the quality of what we have; the quality of what we have depends on the quality of what we do; and the quality of what we depends on the quality of what we are. Quality us that invisible detail…the presence of which makes all the difference.
- Everybody has an explanation and everybody wants to have the last word.
- Difficult times you may face. Tough times you may encounter. But, dream you must. Dreams are the gap between where you are and where you will be.
- Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
- A situation becomes an opportunity when the resources you have are greater than the situation you face.
- Always be an explorer of life. Keep experimenting. Keep trying. Feed your curiosity and inquisitiveness. Keep attempting something that hasn’t been attempted before. Get creative withh life. Keep going.
- Less will make it long. More will make it short.
- Where there is excellence, explanations are not required. Where explanations are required, rarely do you find excellence.
- Lack of excellence should hurt. That which hurts, instructs. That which instructs, creates. Get creates. Create excellence. Let your work speak for you. You don’t speak for it.
- Unintended consequences are life’s way of showing you the possibilities you haven’t thought about.
- One right question asked at the right time can change the direction of our intelligence, and thus change the direction of our life.
- We cannot expect anything from the world that we are not willing to expect from ourselves.
- Let every action of ours start as a choice, be filled with enjoyment and end in fulfilment.
- There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
So which are your favourite sayings from the above 35??? Please do mention them in the comment box below.
– Jessica Pancholi